Hello! Welcome to the Brainstorm! Home of Jack-of-all-Trades! Out-there ideas! Moments of brilliance, laughter, and snarkitude!! And occasionally, deeply rooted soul searching.

Sunday, April 7, 2013

I knew it! Toy Story

I knew that my stuffed animals and toys had fun playing when I was at school.  I told the grown ups about it over and over and they patted me on the head for my cute imagination.

Then this movie was released that backed me up with proof...


Film poster showing Woody anxiously holding onto Buzz Lightyear as he flies in a kid's room. Below them sitting on a bed are various smiling toys watching the pair, including Mr. Potato Head, Hamm, and Rex. In the lower right center of the image is the film's title. The background shows the cloud wallpaper featured in the bedroom.

Was there ever a more diverse pair than Buzz and Woody?  And how about the rest of Andy's toys?  Rex, the non-scary T-Rex, Ham the Piggy Bank, Mr. Potato Head, and Slinky-Dog?  Bo Peep and the Gi Joe guys?  Mr. Spell?  Yet they all come together as a team, as Andy's Toys.

I just love this movie.  I saw it in the theater three or four times, and it is still on of my favorites on DVD.  I liked the second one, and the third one, and if rumors are true and there is a fourth one, I will go see it too.

To refresh your memory, here is the original 1995 trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment